Friday 27 February 2009

Will I Win?

This Monday's weigh-in at Slimming World is both another day for us to make low-syn food to bring and share as well as the day the "Greatest Loser" is selected. At last Monday's weigh-in, I had lost more weight than anyone else in the group. I was only ahead by one pound however, and the woman who is one pound behind me has been known to occasionally drop large amounts of weight in a week's time. I however worked my butt off to lose some weight last week and my weight stayed the same.

So this week I'm experimenting a little bit. I'm not having any sugary or chocolaty snacks at all this week. (Usually I allow myself the occasional small treat.) I'm exercising three hours a day too. I did the same amount of exercise last week as well, but I know that I won't be able to keep it up for much past this week. I have too many other responsibilities and things to do to let myself devote three hours of the day towards exercise every day.

It won't kill me if the other woman wins. She's a friend, and I'd be really happy for her. I don't even know if there's a prize involved in winning the "Greatest Loser," but since finding out I was in the lead for it, I want to win. It's silly, I know.

2 comments:

  1. A great test of character! I think cutting out sugar is a great idea! Go strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just by competing, you're already a winner. Each day is a battle to be won, with the prize of better health at the end.

    I'll be interested to see if cutting out sugary snacks makes a difference...........:)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification. I turned it off and started getting tons of SPAM, so I had to turn it back on again.