Monday 22 February 2010

I REACHED MY GOAL WEIGHT!!!!!!

I lost my last 1/2 lb this week to reach my goal weight! I now weigh 135 lbs (9 stone 9 lbs). With my starting weight of 272.5 lbs (19 stone 2 1/2 lbs), I've lost total of 137.5 lbs (9 stone 11 1/2 lbs)! I've officially lost more weight than I weigh! Woohoo!!!!!!!

Now on to maintenance!

I went to extremes with my eating and exercise in order to get the last (stubborn) ten pounds off (not recommended), so I'm expecting my weight to fluctuate up and down as I try to normalize my eating and exercise over the next few weeks, but as long as I stay within 3 pounds either way of my target weight, I'm still considered as being "in target" and don't have to pay for my Slimming World meetings.

I've also vowed to myself to no longer be ruled by the scale. I will now be judging my weight by how my clothes fit and how strong and healthy I feel.

This opens a whole new chapter for me in my health and fitness journey. I will be looking towards strengthening myself and toning myself now.

Am I worried that I'll put all my weight back on? Not really. I worry that I will put more weight back on than I want to, but I know I'll never let myself gain back too much of this weight or get anywhere near as heavy as I used to be. It feels too good to be at a healthy weight!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching goal!! I'm just so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! Take a picture of the scale with that weight and put it on your fridge. Just a reminder of how good it feels to be there. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news! Let me be the first to say WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!!! I'm so excited and happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a huge achievement! I am so happy for you, and wish you the very best of luck in maintenance :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome, awesome, awesome! Congrats! Here's to maintenance! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is AWESOME news! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, congratulations!! I am just now reading this. That's so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what an accomplishment and so much more! That is amazing! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much everyone! :)

    On the Bright Side - A picture of the scale is a great idea! I might need to add some nail polish to my toenails first though. LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification. I turned it off and started getting tons of SPAM, so I had to turn it back on again.