Monday 22 July 2013

Day Four Sugar Free #1wksugarfree

Here I am on day four of the challenge. I am still having cravings, but they are being satisfied with healthy food, so I think I am craving sugar whenever I let myself get hungry. I just have to make sure not to let myself get hungry, and when I do, to reach for something healthy, and it makes things so much easier.

Did I mention that I was struck today with loads of inspiration for several picture book stories, something that hasn't happened in quite some time for me? I wonder if the lack of excess sugar in my system helped my muse.

I weighed myself this morning, and I've lost even more weight now. I've now lost a total of 6 lbs.

This is really giving me even better results than I expected this early in the challenge.

How is everyone else doing (those of you who have already started)?


3 comments:

  1. I started the no sugar week today. The evening is tough for me. I'm having to eat Ritz crackers and baked chips to help get rid of the sugar urge. Since,I usually don't eat grains (that aren't sweetened) it's kind of strange. Reading about your successful week so far is helping me lose the urge to eat sugar. I'm so glad I dropped in. Keep it up Becky and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My #1wksugarfree is now Day 2. Not been too bad; we gave ourselves time to prepare so there is NO SUGAR in the house, apart from in fruit. In fact, not having the possible alternative of sugar snacks is making me turn to fruit. Since I hardly EVER eat fruit, this is making me hopeful that I might not actually die of scurvy.

    Unfortunately, the ice cream van is blaring and I WANT IT SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I FAILED on Sunday because I had a slice of my son's birthday cake. So I'm restarting, and I'm back onto Day 2 with success so far. I won't have kids in the house until Saturday, no cash in my pocket until who know's when, and it's way too hot to cook anything sweet. Is that cheating, if I just don't have access to sugar?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification. I turned it off and started getting tons of SPAM, so I had to turn it back on again.