Thursday 25 July 2013

SUGAR FREE - DAY SEVEN! #1wksugarfree

Today is the last day of my one week sugar free.

I lost a little bit more weight overnight for a total weight loss, as of this morning, of 9.2 lbs!  I will post again tomorrow morning with my final weight loss amount and the change in my waist and belly measurements. I am thrilled! When I lost my full 145.5 lbs, I usually lost 1, 2 and 3 lbs a week, more often getting the lower weight-loss results, with occasional half pound losses. One time, I lost seven pounds in one week, and I was over the moon, but I was never able to repeat that loss. (And really, for long-term weight loss, the slower weight losses are better and healthier.) But I have been eating a lot this week. I have not skimped on food. I have made sure that I eat whenever I am hungry and I eat even more when I get my sugar cravings. And yet, I have already lost so much weight this week that I am amazed.

Our bodies are strange things. I knew that I was falling back into my binge eating and needed to make a change. I knew that I needed to change things up. I am surprised by how good the results have been. It's more than just the weight loss. My allergies have improved (though they haven't completely gone away) and I am feeling energetic again. I am full of ideas for my stories again too. And I noticed my weight-lifting sessions are feeling easier.


(No this isn't me. I wish! This is a picture I found on Pinterest here.)
Today, at the urging of my 20 year old daughter Angelica, I tried a completely new form of exercise. We went to our first belly dancing class! I have found a new way to exercise that I absolutely love, and I will definitely continue with the classes while I can afford them. They are not too expensive and they are walking-distance from my house. The class also provided me with a cute jingly belt like the one pictured above to wear during the class. I really like the belt!

So how about you? How have you been doing so far on the challenge? Are the cravings getting any better? Have you noticed any of the changes I have? And is there something you've always wanted to try but haven't gotten around to (like belly dancing for me)? What is it? Please let me know in the comments below.




2 comments:

  1. After the birthday cake fiasco on Sunday, I am on Day 4 of success. Cravings are going way down. Now I want something sweet, but if I don't want to set up my juicer, I can do without it. I've lost about 5lbs since your first day (my first first day), but I'm also kicking up my workouts at the same time and sweltering in the heat, so my body could be holding onto some of this weight until it figures out what I'm doing to it. Other benefits: much sharper mental clarity, and no weird body pains. Now, if my body hurts, it's because I bumped it on something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are doing great! And birthdays can be an exception. It's not like you have a family birthday every day. 5lbs down is great! I'm so glad you joined me in this!

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification. I turned it off and started getting tons of SPAM, so I had to turn it back on again.