Saturday 24 January 2009

Scale Checking

My scale is showing me as being down 4 pounds this week. I don't tend to have big-loss weeks, so I don't think the scale will stay there, but I can hope!

I am trying really hard not to step on my scale all the time. I'm getting better at resisting the temptation, but I still step on it twice a day - once in the morning and once in the evening. I only count my once-a-week weigh-ins at the Slimming World meetings as my offical weigh-ins though.

It's not easy to break the scale habit. Nor is it easy to resist letting my weight on the scale effect my mood for the day.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! Looks like you made the right choice this week! Keep going, it'll pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand this completely. I'm getting on the scale daily but only recording my weight once a week. Its hard to not let it effect your mood so you have to combat that by using other tools to measure your progress like your measurements and how you feel.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification. I turned it off and started getting tons of SPAM, so I had to turn it back on again.