Tuesday 6 January 2009

7th Anniversary Date & Weigh-In

On our way out to dinner for our 7th wedding anniversary, Robert and I stopped at our Slimming Wold meeting for our weekly weigh-in. Despite going back to my calorie-counting and exercise routine this week, I was up half a pound. I'm annoyed about it, but not discouraged. Robert was up a pound and a half, but still within his target.

We then went out to eat. Robert chose a Chinese restaurant. He ordered a chicken dish for our starter. He was going to order duck, but I don't like duck. Then I had chicken chow mein and chilli beef. I didn't eat much of the chilli beef because I didn't like the way it was prepared. The texture and taste suggested that they just fried up the fat of the meat for the dish (as if frying it wasn't fattening enough), and I was unimpressed with the flavor.

Then we had a decadent caramel and chocolate ice cream dessert.

Robert presented me with yet another anniversary gift - some beautiful earrings he bought at a jewelry store. I was perfectly happy with my shawl and rose, so he didn't need to give me anything else. I love the earrings though! I wasn't wearing any, so I put them on right away.

When we got home last night, my daughter Kayla took a couple of pictures of us.
Becky & Robert 7th anniversary 05 Jan 09
Becky & Rob kiss 7th anniversary 05 Jan 09

(You might assume from the first photo that I am on my knees to avoid my body showing, but actually that's just the natural height difference between my 6'8" tall husband and 5'2" short me.)

I have a lot of exercise to do today to make up for last night's meal. I still can't figure out where the half pound weight gain came from. My daily calories never went over 1,500 last week, and I spent 45 minutes exercising daily for six out of seven days last week.

1 comment:

  1. heheh...oh my...you should have a stiff neck looking up at him all the time ;)

    Happy Anniversary to both of you :hugs:


Sorry about the word verification. I turned it off and started getting tons of SPAM, so I had to turn it back on again.