Saturday 4 October 2008

Regular Soda is a No-No!!!

Since I've been dieting, I've been drinking diet sodas. I know that it would be healthier not to have soda at all, but I really like it and am just not ready to give it up yet.

Unfortunately today, my husband found some regular Dr. Pepper cans on sale and bought them. He figured it wouldn't hurt just this once. Well, I had a can at lunch and another at dinner. Then at the end of the day, I figured out my calories for the whole day, and they came to 1,715.5! I have been really good about never going above 1,500 calories for each day, so that number looks huge to me! If I took away the calories from the two cans of Dr. Pepper (137 calories per can), my calories would have been only 1,441.5.

The sad part of it is that I didn't really even enjoy the Dr. Pepper that much. It tastes a bit too sweet for me now. I am really kicking myself for having those two cans of soda. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification. I turned it off and started getting tons of SPAM, so I had to turn it back on again.