Wednesday 5 November 2008

Day Off

Having surpassed my goal for last Monday's weigh-in, I let myself take Tuesday (yesterday) off from exercise. I felt really tired. I spent the early part of the day at doctor appointments (due to my pregnancy), and I just really didn't feel like working out.

I had every right to take a day off, and it will not sabotage my weight-loss efforts to do so, and yet, I feel guilty about not exercising yesterday! So today, I did my now usual 80 minutes on the elliptical crosstrainer early in the day and then, after lunch, I spent another 20 minutes on the machine exercising. My total time exercising on the elliptical trainer today is 100 minutes (17.3 miles).

I don't know if I'll be able to fit in the time to do this tomorrow or the next day, but at least I've done a little bit to help assuage my guilt. I do not need to lose anymore weight until after the baby arrives, but I am willing to keep putting in the effort to keep from gaining any weight until then as well.

I'd love to get to the point mentally where I don't feel like I've failed myself for missing a day of exercise. No one, or at least few people, can exercise 6 days a week every week without fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification. I turned it off and started getting tons of SPAM, so I had to turn it back on again.