Wednesday 12 November 2008

Sluggish

Ever had one of those days where you just feel like slug? You feel like you can't move at more than a snail's pace, and you don't feel like doing much of anything.

Well, that's how I've been feeling since Monday. I'm not letting it stop me from getting my exercise in though. I spent 80 minutes on the elliptical trainer on Monday, 85 minutes on it yesterday and 85 minutes on it today. And I'm eating well too. If I manage to keep it up for Thursday, Friday and Saturday, then I can count this week as a success no matter what Monday's weigh-in tells me.

The only problem I foresee is that my hip and pelvic pain is getting worse. Using the elliptical trainer was the one exercise I could do that did not make the pain worse. I've already had to give up taking long walks with my husband because it makes the pain unbearable. Now, exercising on my elliptical crosstrainer is beginning to worsen my hip and pelvic pain too. I'm not willing to give up exercise completely though. I wish I had a swimming pool!

It's a good thing this baby will be here soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am new to your blog, but I love it! I really 'get' today's post. I have the same pain (mine is in the SI joint and I have a trapped nerve which causes leg numbness). It really makes working out hard! I have been checking into water aerobics classes while as that does seem to be the only exercise that doesn't kill me. I really hope it all works out soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are a trooper!! I'm inspired and will hop on my elliptical as soon as I get home. Thank you for your advice on my blog comments. I'd never thought about trying to counteract bad eating habits with exercise but I think its a fantastic idea for those days that just feel out of control.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification. I turned it off and started getting tons of SPAM, so I had to turn it back on again.