Monday 17 November 2008

Temporary Success!

Well, when I weighed in on my scale this morning, it showed my weight down about three pounds! I love seeing the numbers, but I can't count on it for my weigh-in tonight though. My scale fluctuates too much, and I will probably gain a pound or two by evening just through normal daily eating. Still, seeing the number on the scale has put me in a positive frame of mind, and I am looking forward to tonight's weigh-in.

Tonight is another night when we are supposed to bring something of low "syn" value to the Slimming World meeting for others to try. My husband Robert is making meringues using Splenda. He tested his recipe out a couple of days ago because he wasn't sure how the Splenda would cook in the mix and it worked. He's going to put a drop of reduced-sugar strawberry jam in the center of each meringue. Although, he is considering making a chocolate sauce with sweetener for the meringues instead.

I am making peanut butter cookies using Splenda and light margarine. I looked up the recipe values and it will only be one syn per cookie (if I make the mix into 18 cookies). Besides, we are out of desserts at home and I think my kids will like having some peanut butter cookies too.

I'll take pictures of our creations tonight and share the recipes with the photos tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm, everything sounds yummy and is making me drool! Can't wait for the pics.

    Good luck with the weigh in!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification. I turned it off and started getting tons of SPAM, so I had to turn it back on again.