Monday 22 September 2008

Eat Cinnamon For Good Health + Recipe

A friend directed me to an article about the health benefits of cinnamon. I happen to really like cinnamon, and it was nice to find out that it is good for me. It is good for people with insulin resistance and diabetes and it can lower blood glucose levels. It helps brain function, and it can aid in digestion. It can even help lower cholesterol.

The full article can be found at http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/cinnamon.htm

I have a low-calorie dessert I eat sometimes when I am craving something sweet that uses cinnamon. First, I peel a couple of large apples. Then I core them and cut them into thin slices and put them in a bowl. I sprinkle a teaspoon of sweetener over them (usually Splenda) and then I sprinkle cinnamon all over them. I then cook them in the microwave until they go soft. Cooking time can vary depending on the microwave, but mine takes about 3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification. I turned it off and started getting tons of SPAM, so I had to turn it back on again.