Friday 26 September 2008

No More Excuses!!!

Okay, if you are making excuses for not losing weight or for not sticking to your weight loss or fitness plan today, I'm here to kick your butt back into gear!

I am 32 weeks pregnant. I suffer from pregnancy-induced SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction) and sciatica pain (causing sever hip and pelvic pain). Sometimes it hurts just to roll over in bed or try to stand up from a sitting position. Most of the time, I am in pain even when I am doing nothing. I also suffer from recurring back problems. I am in pain ALL OF THE TIME!!!

But I still hop on my elliptical crosstrainer, put up the resistance to something reasonable and spend 43 minutes on it every day at a decent pace. I do 7 to 7.5 miles on it, despite the pain.

I still push my two smaller children in the double stroller, with the two of them weighing a combined weight of almost 80 pounds before I even add in the weight of the stroller itself, for a long distance several times a week. I still walk to pick up my 5 year old from school each day. I even take the dog for an occasional walk. I go on 2 and 4 mile walks with my husband, even if it means I hobble in pain towards the end of the walk and for the rest of the day.

If I can find my fitness so important that I am willing to suffer through the pain to get my workout in, you can too! I don't care if you are in pain or tired or just plain lazy. Too busy? So what! You can and should get in some form of exercise regardless of any excuse you can make! As long as you don't have a doctor telling you to avoid exercise, then there really is no excuse.

So get off your lazy butt and go MOVE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification. I turned it off and started getting tons of SPAM, so I had to turn it back on again.